Coronavirus COVID-19: When and How to Use Mask
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), people will only need to wear a face mask if they are coughing, sneezing, or taking care of someone with COVID-19.
Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
When and how to wear medical masks to protect against Coronavirus:
- Before Before touching the mask or the face, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Make sure that the mask covers the mouth and nose, with no gaps between the face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using mask
- If a person does touch the mask while wearing it, they should clean hands with soap and water.
- Avoid reusing single-use masks.
- Replace a mask if it becomes damp.
To remove the mask:
- Remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask)
- Discard immediately in a closed bin
- Clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.