Interior Designing : The Most Career Oriented Course
Those who want to pursue a career in interior design can take these courses to learn to develop design solutions that are safe, functional, and attractive and meet the needs of space users. The main purpose of interior design courses in India is to equip students with the creative knowledge, attitude, imagination and expertise to the profession.
These courses also teach other skills necessary to find a customer management, retention and management. Thus, a successful career in interior design depends on the creative, imaginative and artistic designers and in their ability to manage.
The most important factor, however, is that this course should be conducted in the language schools.
Eligibility for Interior Designing Courses
There are several types of courses available in the area of design and B.Sc. (Interior Design) Professional Diploma in Furniture & Interior Design, Bachelor in Interior Architecture and Design Foundation Diploma in Design.
The minimum qualification for most courses in interior design is a step in the 10 +2 level. You should also have a knack for colors and shapes as well as a sense of style and comfort.
Interior Designing Career Prospects
The world of rapid integration and the associated expansion of the market economy and growing consumerism have opened a lucrative market for interior designers. As we have been entrusted with the task not only to make the interior attractive, but also using the space available to most, the interior designers are in high demand in offices and homes.
Successfully complete the interior design course in India can open up opportunities for self-employment. As the market is ready to absorb more and more interior designers, the sky is the limit for those with creative potential. It can also be used as a theater and set designers or exhibition designer after completing these courses in interior design.
As interior design course offers interesting career choices and on this page, we have tried to list the institutes and colleges offering Interior designing courses in India and Delhi as well.
Interior Designing Colleges in Delhi
Below mentioned is the list of such institutes in Delhi the capital city of India-
• National Institute of Design and Development
• International Institute of Fashion Design
• Apeejay Institute of Design
• The Sai School of Interior Design
• South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Lajpat Nagar
Other top Institute for Interior Designing in India are:
• Anima Institute of Fashion, Corporate Office at 1 Shambhu Nath Pandit Street, Calcutta-700 020.
• Avinashillingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore-641 043.
• Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, 5-A Sarat Bose Road (opp. Minto Park), Calcutta-700 020.
• College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras), No. 7, P.V. Koil Street, Aminjikaral, Chennai-600 029.
• Exteriors-Interiors (in assn. with Jensen & Nicholson conducts courses in Computer Aided Interior Design) EDIT Institute, Mumbai. (Other centres-Bangalore, Calicut, Calcutta, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mumbai, Pune).
• II School of Arts, Fort, Mumbai-400 001.
• Karavali College, (Affiliated to Managalore University), Menezes Towers, Urwa Store, Mangalore-575 006. Ph: 0824-455656;
• National Institute of Fashion Design, 14-B, Camac Street, Calcutta-700 017.
• Nirmala Niketan, 49, New Marine Lines, Mumbai-20.
• Rachna Sansa, School of Interior Design, 278, Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabahadevi, Mumbai-400 025.
• School of Interior Design, Institute of Enviornmental Design, Near Bhaikaka Library, Vallabh Vidyanagar-388 120.
• Shree Devi College of Interior Design, Ballalbagh, Mangalore-575 003. Ph: 0824-456501, 456511;
• SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai-400 020.
• Sophia College B.K. Somani Polytechnic, Bhulabhai Desal Road, Mumbai-400 026.
• Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Plot # SW45-SW48, KIADB Apparel Park Phase II, Bangalore – 561203 Email : [email protected] More Informations.
Author’s Resource Box
Alisha Sharma is an expert writer having vast knowledge about the indian education system and institutions. She has written on different topics like B.tech in computer engineering, BBA, BCA, HM, distance education management and mba in international management course.